Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday in Salluit




I am starting to settle in. Jennie and I are staying in our apartment until she departs for the south on Monday.

I arrived after an incredible flight first stopping at the top of James Bay to drop off a few people and refuel. The land was certainly rugged and could feel the cold. Our next stop was in PUV where the land was treeless and barren and very flat. Said goodbye to most of my new friends from the plane and the remaining four of us flew on to Salluit. Suddenly mountains arrive as we flew over the Hudson Straight, took a wide sweep and there was Salluit nestled in an inlet surrounded by treeless mountains.

Spent today orienting myself at the clinic, a couple of incredible walks and now getting ready to go to a gathering at the docs house.

Funeral for a young man murdered in Montreal and body arrived yesterday.

It is currently -45 with the wind chill. Jennie got frostbite on her cheeks walking back from the funeral but didn't seem to mind.

I am cozy in my winter gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment