Friday, February 13, 2009

End of Week 1




Well I have now been in Salluit for one week. It has been a most pleasant week. I am less afraid of the cold now and have stopped putting pretty much everything I own on just to walk to work which can take as little as 90 seconds if I take the quick way.

I love my long walk home after work and always say hello to Buddy, Cutie, Fluffy and Taly, the beautiful huskies who are being trained to pull the sled. There are two new puppies now who arrived from Quebec and who will be trained as well for the team.

I have been invited to a crib tournament tonight at the docs house and if I can get out of my pj's might go.

My scope of practice has expanded significantly and am now treating sexually transmitted infections, put the vacumm together and read the manual just in case, and gave a depo shot today.

The weekend weather is supposed to be beautiful and sunny and I plan to walk to the top of the mountain overlooking the fjord that runs alongside the village and take some shots of the Hudson Straight.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea
    Sounds like a very successful week. What is a depo shot. Love your photos and look forward to pics from atop the mountain. we know you will shine at crib. Love M and D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Yes, what an exciting week. What's the vaccum for? Looking forward to photos from your hike.
    Love Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. A depo shot is deoprevera - birth control.

    A vacumm is for pulling a baby out instead of forceps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please look out for polar bears on your walks.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete