Saturday, May 9, 2009

Miracle Worker

I asked and he came. Well I sort of dragged him from his truck, fed him wine and he fixed most of my things. I still don't have cable or the internet but at least I can eat and shower.

Yesterday I spent the day flying across the coast with a medivac of a 34 week pregnant woman threatening preterm labour. The plane was delayed on the tarmac because of mechanical issues as her contractions got closer together but we made it to PUV in time to transfer her. Exciting day and I made it back in the evening on the next flight out. She is to remain in PUV where they were able to stop her labour but will be watched for a few days.

Beautiful sunny day here today and about -18 with the wind chill. They keep promising me that the snow will melt quickly once the weather warms up. It should given that it is light now for about 19 hours a day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi andrea
    You have been having some challenging comfort issues to deal with. Hope the pregnant girl well be ok. Tomorrow is Mothe's day. You could be forgiven if you are thinking a lot about your self as a very successful mother Your children will agree I know. But I am thinking about the many many mothers you have aided and assisted to become mothers themselves, and their good fortune in having you as their midwife. We are all very proud of you Andrea. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh mom, thanks. My mother, who was/is a fantastic nurse, athlete, woman and mother.

    Couldn't have had a better role model.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete